Friday, March 9, 2012

God's Holy Light

God’s Holy Light

Do you think my eyes tell you?
All there really is to know
Do you make assumptions about my life?
Before first asking me so?

What means of measure do we use
To decide a persons value in our eyes
And if my hair color comes from a box
What am I trying to disguise

If I do not disclose my true weight
Does that mean that my soul is more lean
Or perhaps our judgment system
Has just become a little bit obscene

If I am homeless...heated only by a fire
Burning in an open can
Does that make you better than me?
Or make me less of a man

Or perhaps you think your bank account
Will make your words have weight
And perhaps...even you...
Believe the lies that you create

For you see within my soul
Lives the story of God untold
And that cannot be purchased
With any diamonds or gold

The monetary value we place on life
Will guarantee us nothing but a mirage
After all we can’t get to heaven
By driving what’s parked in the garage

Your new hairstyle...while very cute
Does not pay homage to our King
Neither does thinking that
You are better than anyone or anything

The color of my hair and eyes
Do not tell you what you need to know
Anymore than watering a plant with sand
Will encourage the seedling to grow

Ask me about my Lord and
The promises to Him I keep
Then you won’t guess but know
That my love...it runs deep

Ask me about my path and how
I face adversity when it comes
I will tell you...with my faith in God
My feet firmly planted...facing toward the sun

I challenge anyone...anything
And when it’s given all it’s got
I will tell that mountain to get out of my way
Because the love of God...I’ve got

When we challenge the value of anyone
We are challenging God and all His glory
And the wrath of God is steep
You know...you’ve read all the stories

So I’m saying to you be cautious
And when you talk of others be bright
Because you must look beneath the layers
To see people with God’s Holy Light





No comments:

Post a Comment