Monday, November 21, 2011

To Thine Own Self Be True

To Thy Own Self Be True
      I wish I could show you, When you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being. ~Hafiz
  I pray that today can be the beginning of a new tradition...a tradition of love and peace. Don’t worry we will not need to travel to a foreign land, or learn a new language. Today we will start the change within ourselves.
  I want to spend some time reminding you about how precious and necessary you are in this life. Often we may feel that our place in this world is so minute that it is insignificant. We may feel like if we can not have things the way that we think they should be that we have no reason to go on. I promise you the only reason that you feel this way is because you are not seeing life clearly, right now.
  We are often tested...pushed to our limits. While this may seem unfair or harsh...it is the same principle behind letting go of our child when they are learning to ride a bicycle. We are pushing them beyond their conceivable limits. We are teaching them that if they believe in themselves that they can overcome adversity. Can you remember the first time that you rode a bicycle without your mom or dad holding on to you? I know that I felt like I was soaring with eagles...and in my mind I probably was.
  The thing to remember is that our limits or adversity do not own us. We are tested to show us that we can move past a certain level. Often the pain that we feel is placed there so that we will move on...not give up. Giving up means that we were defeated...but it doesn’t have to end this way.
  I understand what it is like to have to deal with real problems head on...I have struggled with my limits also. I always kept in my mind, however the issue that I was facing...was also facing me. I did not have to overcome it...it had to overcome me.
  I am not suggesting that the struggle is an easy one...or it wouldn’t be much of a struggle. However we can rein supreme...I just had to keep telling myself that I alone am enough. I can face my demons...I can walk out of the darkness; I only need to decide to do it. I also am not saying that it is something that needs to be done alone. Reach out to the positive people in your life. Talk to people who are interested in uplifting your spirit and soul. Seek support for your particular demon, it is out there. No matter what issue you are up against, I promise you that some one else has also gone through it.
  You are loved. It can be difficult to see that when it feels like the scales of life seem unbalanced. However the fact that you are here...breathing in and out every day...means that your path is still unfinished. God created you out of love and peace...it is up to you to find your way back to that place.
  I want to help you understand that you never have to struggle alone. The world doesn’t have to be a lonely place. You are a child of God and because of that fact...I love you unconditionally. Your life is very important.
  Treat your body and mind with the respect that you would a temple, church or masjid. You are a temple of God...you hold all His love and peace within you. Love your body; fortify it with the wholesome goodness that you would a sacred shrine. Give your inner self the same love and care that you would your outer covering.
  Fortify your mind with educational, spiritual and emotional love. And spread all of your love to those that you touch every day. You are a vital presence in every one’s life that you come into contact with...from the cashier at the grocery store to your family. We touch others...by just existing. Often we may feel that we do not matter to anyone...but have you ever felt the love of a complete stranger? Love can be transferred through a smile or handshake; we can spread God’s love with a kind gesture or comment. This is the true purpose of our existence...to keep the free flowing love of God all around us.
  My message to you is simple...don’t allow adversity to be the most important thing in your life. The most important thing in your life is to spread the message of our Creator...love all things. Just as I am giving you this message from God...I beg you to give it to others. We are not alone...we never have been...and we never will be. Love yourself...inside out; be true to yourself...and spread His truth in all you say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment