Sunday, February 26, 2012

Worthwhile

Worthwhile

I thought of something today
I just had to give you a call
Then sadly I realized
There wouldn’t be an answer...no answer at all

It made me think of time wasted
And I was filled with regret
Regret of vacations not taken
And memories we hadn’t made yet

Did I ever tell about how your smile
Made you stand out in a crowd
And how every day I’m left hoping
That you are smiling down us now

To know you was to love you
And to love you was a gift
Now I’m left regretful
Of all the chances that I missed

The times I missed out on your calls
Missed out on your laugh
Missed the chance to look into your eyes
Missing now what we had

I don’t think I paid enough attention
And now I’m stuck trying to recall
The greatest sister since creation
The brightest light of us all

If you are watching...know that
I know you no longer feel pain
And for that I am thankful
But one truth still remains

My heart it is still breaking
But my lungs still fill with air
The world it keeps spinning
And it doesn’t seem fair

Please look down often
And remind us to go on
Until one day we are doing it
All on our own

One day in the future
You will look down from the sky
Smile down on us to say
See...I told you...you’re going to be alright

In closing my blue eyed angel
Give God thanks and a smile
For these precious moments with you
Made my life seem worthwhile







No comments:

Post a Comment